Monday, September 3, 2012


Welcome to the "Hands-On Reading" Blog
Happy labor day,
I have been a teacher a very long time ... I don’t want to reveal my age :-) But to be honest, my true passion is creating things. So this is where my passion and my teaching come together. I am all about "Hands-On!" These days they would label me a "Tactile Learner," or "Kinesthetic Learner." I love it when the process of learning and teaching is as natural as possible.
I live in Los Angeles, and this morning at around 3:30am we had a 3.3 earthquake. I know it doesn’t sound very big...but the epicenter was 3 minutes from my house. I twisted and turned in my bed for some time, until I finally decided to get out of bed, and surf the web. At around 6:30am I had an itch to create. So here it is: I am creating a blog! My goal for this blog is to share with others how fun learning can be, and how easily you can implement these ideas for your children or students. All you need to do is allow them to "create" what they are trying to grasp and learn -- and bang! Once they create something, they own it! It is precisely the things we own that we appreciate most, cherish, remember, and use in the future.
My passion for the past few years is teaching Hebrew Reading (my husband and I just published our 3 reading programs - check out our site www.capitlearning.com). So my posts will be different Hands-On Reading ideas, but please be creative. You can adapt these ideas for any language or topic. Enjoy! And share your ideas as well.
OK, enough about me. In my next post I will share my first idea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment